Selecting Your Major
Many times, students arrive at college unsure of what to major in, or they may change their major over the course of their college years.
It is important to check out the available undergraduate degree programs at Albertus Magnus College.
Students who are unsure of their college major should do the following:
- Explore online materials available
- Talk to professors about potential career opportunities
- Review the results of the career test given in your Introduction to College Life course
- Reflect on interests, abilities, personality and values
- Speak to advisors about academic strengths and potential careers
- Schedule an appointment with a member of the Office of Career & Professional Development
- Get practical experience by doing an internship or volunteering in an interesting field
Online websites can also help you when making the decision on what to major in during your time at Albertus Magnus College. The following is an additional resource that can assist when choosing a major:
Ready to start a conversation? Schedule an appointment with the Office of Career & Professional Development to see where your major can take you.
Students and alumni can schedule an appointment through Handshake. The Office offers both virtual and in-person appointments on Monday – Friday and has extended hours each Tuesday until 6:30 pm.