Health Clinic Services
In the event of an emergency, on-campus students should call campus security at (203) 507-5204.
Off-campus students should go to their local emergency room or call 9-1-1.
Services provided through the health clinic may include:
- Acute illness and injury - ex. Cold or flu symptoms, sore throat, ear pain, abdominal pain, sprained ankle, wound care, urinary tract infection
- Chronic or recurrent health issues - ex. asthma, migraines, diabetes
- Preventive health/health education - ex. smoking cessation, diet/nutrition, physical fitness, sleep, stress management, sexual and reproductive health, acute/chronic illness
- Immunizations - immunization review, annual flu immunization clinic in the Fall
- Referral to outside providers - ex. Primary care provider, urgent care, specialist, hospital
- Referral to Counseling Services or Campus Ministry
- Coordination of care among providers
- Title IX confidential office
Opioid Overdose Prevention Procedures
Due to the close proximity of Albertus Magnus College to Yale New Haven Hospital and other notable treatment facilities, Albertus Magnus College will not distribute opioid antagonists. Rather medical first responders will be called to provide emergency response services in overdose related emergencies. In any opioid overdose emergency, Albertus Magnus College shall contact 911 for medical emergency response services. Albertus Magnus College Campus Public Safety personnel will document any opioid overdose emergencies on an Incident Report. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact Elena Tamayo-Heitz, RN at Health Services 203-773-8938 or email@example.com.