Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Albertus
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in the Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership at Albertus Magnus College is designed to enable you to meet your practical career goals, whether advancing within your current organization or making a career change. The Albertus MBA is built for working professionals who want a solid set of technical skills that will allow you to effectively and efficiently manage projects, teams, and organizations. Newly designed in 2022, the MBA delivers practical work-related experiences, a collaborative learning environment, and meaningful student/faculty interaction. The 30-credit hours, accelerated degree program enables professionals to complete the degree requirements in only five 8-week modules over an 11 month period.
What Makes Master of Business Administration at Albertus Different?
- Hands-on, experiential learning
- Interdisciplinary perspectives
- Emphasis on collaborative work
- Personally invested professors
- Small class sizes
- Innovative, well-rounded programs
- Resources and opportunities for research
- Lively extracurricular activities
- Campus-wide events
- Service and community engagement
- Active career counseling
- Opportunity-building networks
- Access to internships and professional experiences
The Albertus Master of Business Administration Degree Program
As the job sector continues to grow, so will management opportunities. The US Bureau
of Labor Statistics shows that the master's in business administration average salary
is $97,000. Recently the National Association of Colleges and Employers indicated
that the class of 2022 master’s grads in general business earned a mean salary of
$110,700—a staggering 70% higher than those with a bachelor’s degree.
Create Your Flexible Master of Business Administration Schedule
Offered in an accelerated format, most students can complete their Master of Business Administration degree in a year and a half while only having to take two classes at a time.
Students choose between the following:
- Take 1 to 2 classes every 8 weeks
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Have the ability to work on assignments on your own time, at your own pace
- Take 1 to 2 classes every 8 weeks
- Classes are a combination of in-class session and online assignments
- Attend class on campus one night per week, while all other assignments are done from the comfort of home
- Benefit from in-class discussions while completing projects and assignments from home
- Choose to take classes in either a blended or online format
- Select the format that works best for you every time you register for a new course
- Learn more about the FLEX format
Where Will Your Master of Business Administration Degree take You?
Possible career paths with a Master of Business Administration include:
The Business Experience at Albertus Magnus College
The Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership seeks to be a respected educational leader within the regional business community. We will provide high-impact academic programs and experiences aligned with in-demand fields. Our programs will challenge students to develop practical skills and personal values that empower them to succeed in a wide range of business professions.
The mission of the Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership is to provide a superior business education in innovative, accessible and technologically advanced formats to students from diverse academic and socioeconomic backgrounds striving to be ethical, entrepreneurial and successful in a dynamic economy through quality teaching, service and engagement with the business community.
Our Core Values
- Student-centered learning
- Mutual Respect
- Competency-based educational focus
- Technological Innovation
- Business Community Engagement/Partnership
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
To be admitted to the Master of Business Administration program, applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application and a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.8 on a 4.0 system*
- Official transcripts reflecting conferral of prior degree (a minimum of a bachelor’s degree for master’s programs). All transcripts are to be submitted from the original institutions.
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors or professional associates
- For non-native English speakers, minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based, or 213 computer-based
- Proof of immunization in accordance with Connecticut State requirements
- For online degrees, a valid Driver’s License or DMV Photo ID
- For applicants who intend to use Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits
- Military, university and college transcripts
- Certification of Eligibility letter or, for reservists, Notice of Basic Eligibility
- Veteran’s Intent to Register form
- A written essay of 500–600 words, double spaced, detailing the applicant’s professional interests, reasons for applying to the program, and educational expectations.
*Students who do not meet the above G.P.A. requirement may be admitted on a provisional basis. Provisionally admitted students may be required to complete prerequisite courses or to earn a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in 12 credits before being fully admitted to the program.
Request Master of Business Administration Undergraduate Information
Request Master of Business Administration Graduate Information
The Albertus Master of Business Administration Degree Mission Statement
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) prepares business leaders with highly developed analytical and communication skills, a mastery of vital tools and concepts used in the business environment, and a preparation for ethical leadership in their chosen fields. Offered through the Accelerated Degree Program, the M.B.A. is designed for working professionals who seek to advance their education while pursuing their career. Classes are held in the evenings or online, and students may attend on a full-time or part-time basis. The M.B.A. requires a total of 48 credit hours, which may include advanced specializations in Accounting, Human Resources, Leadership, Management, or Project Management.