Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
Here at Albertus, we prepare Healthcare Management students for a career in the healthcare sector and provide groundwork for those who are interested in furthering their education. Students receive theoretical classes along with practical experiential opportunities, graduating with an internship in their field of interest. This allows those in the major to experience first hand what their healthcare studies job will entail. This major enables its students to become business leaders in industries that focus on the health and well-being of others; hospitals, clinics, and other facilities that give patient care. Healthcare is the fastest growing job sector in the country. Those who graduate from Albertus with a Healthcare Management degree are leaders who are ready to make an impact on this fundamental field.
What Makes Healthcare Management at Albertus Different?
- Hands-on, experiential learning
- Interdisciplinary perspectives
- Emphasis on collaborative work
- Personally invested professors
- Small class sizes
- Innovative, well-rounded programs
- Resources and opportunities for research
- Lively extracurricular activities
- Campus-wide events
- Service and community engagement
- Active career counseling
- Opportunity-building networks
- Access to internships and professional experiences
The Albertus Healthcare Management Degree Program
As part of the Healthcare Management program at Albertus, all students are required to complete an internship. This is a field-based course in which students gain on-site employment experience in a local organization. The student is responsible for maintaining an integrative journal and completing other academic requirements.
Create Your Flexible Healthcare Management Schedule
Offered in an accelerated format, most students can complete their Healthcare Management degree in a year and a half while only having to take two classes at a time.
Students choose between the following:
- Take 1 to 2 classes every 8 weeks
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Have the ability to work on assignments on your own time, at your own pace
- Take 1 to 2 classes every 8 weeks
- Classes are a combination of in-class session and online assignments
- Attend class on campus one night per week, while all other assignments are done from the comfort of home
- Benefit from in-class discussions while completing projects and assignments from home
- Choose to take classes in either a blended or online format
- Select the format that works best for you every time you register for a new course
- Learn more about the FLEX format
Healthcare Management Student Perspective
Leilim Chang-Salazar ‘20 began her college career at Albertus in 2016. It was through the counseling of her academic advisor that she decided to double major in Healthcare Management and Communications.
“Albertus professors were always there to guide me in the direction I wanted to take my career. With their help I was able to graduate in four years.”
Leilim plans to use her degree to promote the good work of hospitals and organizations that help the community.
Meet William Aniskovich, J.D.
Professor Bill Aniskovich is the Dean of The Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership
and an Associate Professor in law and management. He is the CEO of Stonington Behavioral
Health, Inc. and an attorney with the New Haven law firm of Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman,
Professor Bill Aniskovich is the Dean of The Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership and an Associate Professor in law and management. He is the CEO of Stonington Behavioral Health, Inc. and an attorney with the New Haven law firm of Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman, LLC.
"The Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership offers a faculty with real-world experience who are dedicated foremost to teaching and advising."
Aniskovich teaches courses in Healthcare Management, Ethical Issues in Healthcare, and Business Law.
Where Will Your Healthcare Management Degree take You?
Possible career paths with a Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare Management include:
The Business Experience at Albertus Magnus College
The Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership seeks to be a respected educational leader within the regional business community. We will provide high-impact academic programs and experiences aligned with in-demand fields. Our programs will challenge students to develop practical skills and personal values that empower them to succeed in a wide range of business professions.
The mission of the Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership is to provide a superior business education in innovative, accessible and technologically advanced formats to students from diverse academic and socioeconomic backgrounds striving to be ethical, entrepreneurial and successful in a dynamic economy through quality teaching, service and engagement with the business community.
Our Core Values
- Student-centered learning
- Mutual Respect
- Competency-based educational focus
- Technological Innovation
- Business Community Engagement/Partnership