Sexual Assault Resources
- Sexual Assault Crisis Services – 24 hour, toll-free Crisis Hotline:
- 1-888-999-5545 – IN ENGLISH
- 1-888-568-8332 - EN ESPANOL
The Hotline will provide important advice on how to proceed immediately. They will also meet you at the hospital or the police departments to provide support during medical exams and statements. They will attend court hearings for support. They also provide bilingual counselors or sign language interpreters. They provide TTY access during weekday office hours.
After hours they use the CT Relay: 1-800-842-9710
All services are free and confidential. Location of the Center is 357 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT
- Campus Security Services – Available 24 hours everyday.
- Cellular phone: (203) 507-5204.
- Office telephone: (203)773-8509
Security will notify the Director of Public Safety and Dean of Students that the incident has occurred.
- Local City Police – The police will interview the victim and attempt to apprehend the assailant if the victim/survivor wants to press charges.
New Haven Police: (203) 946-6316 or dial 911
Hamden Police: (203) 230-4000 or dial 911
- Dean of Students – (203) 773-8542 The Dean of Students can provide information on the survivor’s options, arrange for any contacts or care the survivor authorizes, facilitate any changes in residency or academic scheduling the survivor requires and offer assistance if the survivor chooses to file a complaint within the college’s student conduct system. For college employees this process is handled by the Director of Human Resources.
- Residence Life – The Resident Assistants in each residence hall can provide information regarding the survivor’s option, contact a sexual assault advocate, and/or call for transportation to a hospital. The RA is required to immediately contact the Director of Student Affairs who resides on campus.
- New Haven Area Hospitals –
Yale-New Haven Hospital, 20 York Street, New Haven
Emergency Room telephone #: (203) 688-2222
Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, 1450 Chapel Street, New Haven
Emergency Room telephone #: (203) 789-3464.
Reporting The Incident:
Any member of the college community, whom the assault victim believes can address a complaint of sexual assault or rape, is required to report the incident to the Dean for Student Services for statistical purposes. The date and the time of day of the incident are reported. The name of the victim and the alleged assailant are withheld as well as incident details, unless the victim/survivor specifically authorizes the release of that information.
The College recognizes the seriousness and complexity of a survivor’s response to the trauma of sexual assault or rape. Our primary concern is the well being of the survivor and our services are intended to provide respectful and timely support. It is essential that the survivor understand available options and is encouraged to obtain assistance.