|DURING THE STORM, DO NOT USE ELEVATORS!
Unless notified by residential staff member all residents will ride out the storm in their assigned residence halls. You should always lock your doors when leaving your room.
Please notify staff if you are going to stay with a friend in another building or if you are going home so we know where you will be in case of an emergency.
In case of a power outage:
Daytime: Students should remain in their residence halls unless directed by residential life staff.
Overnight: if the outage continues, once the storm has passed residential life staff will direct you to a building with a generator.
REMINDER: Do not use candles or any other open flamed item during a power outage
Preparing for the storm:
Damage caused by the storm:
Resident Students if there is any damage to the windows (window cracks, breaks), leaks in your room contact the AHD or RD immediately.
Faculty/Staff if there is any damage to the windows (window cracks, breaks), leaks in your office or classroom contact Public Safety.
Albertus Magnus College is not liable or responsible for any damage sustained to personal belongings and/or vehicles during inclement weather. Please plan accordingly.
Important Numbers to know
Public Safety: 203-507-5207/203-773-8509
Important Numbers for Resident Students to know:
RD Cell: 203-676-9665
If there are any problems or concerns before, during, or after the storm please contact your RA or if they are not available contact the AHD on-call or RD Justin Cirisoli.
- Please move beds and any electronic equipment away from the windows.
- Charge all electronics (cell phone, computer) prior to the storm should we lose power
- Windows should be shut during the storm. Remove all window fans
- Please make sure all windows in hallways/corridors are closed to avoid flooding
- Unplug any electronic equipment that you are not using to avoid power surges.
- Please do not go outside during the storm as there could be loose debris flying.
- Please move your vehicles away from trees to the Tiers (Dominican must move their cars). NO ONE SHOULD PARK IN THE CAMPUS CENTER or ACADEMIC CENTER!