Albertus has been selected as a Military-Friendly School by Victory Media, indicating that it is among the top 15% of colleges and universities nationwide in providing services to student veterans. The Albertus Student Veterans Association is an Approved Chapter of Student Veterans of America. Albertus Magnus College is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Program.

Yellow Ribbon GI Education Program

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution. Only individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding.

For eligibility requirements click here.

For the application process click here.

Policy & Procedures

Veterans need to submit the following documents to the Office of the Registrar:

Veterans need to submit the following documents to the Office of the Registrar:

For all information regarding the policy & procedures click here

Where do I Start?

First, contact a VA counselor at 1-888-442-4551 to discuss your education benefits. Next complete and submit Veteran's On-Line Application (VONAPP)

Once the Department of Veteran Affairs processes your GI Bill application they will mail you a "Certificate of Eligibility" letter.

Submit a copy of this letter to the Office of the Registrar. Fax to (203) 773-3117 Attn: Melissa DeLucia, VA Representative

You will also need to complete and submit the "Veterans Intent to Register" to the Office of the Registrar.

For more information contact the Registrar's Office at 203-773-8514 or via email at

Am I eligible for educational benefits?

The VA has the ultimate authority in determining your eligibility for VA Educational benefits. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact a VA counselor at 1-888-442-4551.

I am a transfer student. What do I need to do?

If you are a veteran transfer student you will need to fill out the online change of program/training form VA 22-1995. The online 22-1995 form is available at:

Dependent Transfer Students

If you are a dependent transfer student you will need to fill out the online change of program/training form VA 22-5495. The online 22-5495 form is available at:

Office of the Registrar will need a copy for your file.

Will I need additional documents other than the application?

Generally the only documents needed are the "Certificate of Eligibility" letter, the "Veterans Intent to Register Form" and any military/university/college transcripts if applicable.

Reservists will need the NOBE form (Notice of Basic Eligibility) and the "Veterans Intent to Register Form".

Office of the Registrar will need a copy for your file.

When will I receive my assistance deposit or check?

It will take the VA approximately six to eight weeks, from the first day of class, to process your application and certify your enrollment. If your application is incomplete or additional documents are required, your first assistance check will be delayed.

Do Veterans have the same payment deadlines as the student body?

Yes! GI Bill recipients have the same payment deadlines and responsibilities as the remaining student body! All VA students are responsible for tuition, fees, and books. You should be prepared to pay out of pocket expenses at the beginning of each term, since it will take the VA approximately eight weeks to process your educational claim.

Should I apply for Financial Aid?

Yes! The GI Bill does not always cover the cost of a college semester. We recommend all VA students apply for financial aid to cover tuition costs while the VA is processing your educational claim.

For more information on applying for financial aid, or for help completing a Shopping Sheet, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 203-773-8508.

Can I receive credit for military experience?

It may be possible to receive college credit for your military training. All transfer credit evaluations are done by Albertus Magnus College's Office of the Registrar. In order to have your military experience evaluated you will need to present a copy of your DD214 and an ACE military transcript available at

What is Active Duty Tuition Assistance?

Students who are currently on active duty can receive additional tuition assistance directly from their military branch of service. You will need to contact your base's ESO (Education Services Officer) for more information.

How much money will I receive from the GI Bill benefits?

The Department of Veteran Affairs determines your rate plan.

How long do I have to claim past semesters?

The Albertus Magnus College can process certifications for past semesters up to one year.

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, or at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

The Veterans Crisis Line

The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans, their families and friends, with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.

Interested in more information about Albertus Magnus Degree Programs?

Undergraduate programs click here.

Adult Degree programs click here.