Public Safety contact information:
The Public Safety Office is located in the Hubert Campus Center, office 107.
For the Fire Department, Police Department, or Ambulance call 911.
It's a Joint Effort! Security and loss prevention is everybody's job. Although Albertus Magnus does employ a professional security service, we cannot do the job alone. All students, faculty, and staff must be the eyes and ears of the Public Safety Department. By working together as a team we can provide greater protection which will result in creating a safer campus environment.
Always be aware of your surroundings! If you notice any suspicious activity on campus, either inside the buildings or on the grounds outside, call Public Safety immediately. If you notice any suspicious objects or packages on campus, call Public Safety.
When walking or jogging:
- Need a walking escort? Call Public Safety!
- Never walk alone.
- Try to stay in populated areas.
- Try to stay in well lit areas.
- Hold your bags close to your body.
- Put your wallet in your front pocket instead of the back.
- If a car approaches you and you feel threatened, change direction and call for help.
- Never hitchhike.
If you are being followed:
- Cross the street or change direction.
- Keep looking back so the person knows you can't be surprised.
- Walk to a well lit and public area: Enter a building, library, classroom, anywhere there are people.
- Notice and remember as much as possible about any person who seems a threat to safety in order that you may give a description to the proper authorities.
Your residence hall room:
- Keep your doors locked.
- Don't let strangers in.
- Don't leave the door unlocked or propped for someone planning to come back later.
- NEVER PROP OPEN DOORS leading to the outside of the building!
- Close blinds or shades in the evening.
- When leaving for school breaks, take all your valuables with you.
- If you arrive on campus after dark by taxi or private car, ask the driver to wait until you get inside.
- Have your Falcon Card ready so you can open the door immediately.
- Do not lend your keys to anyone.
- Require identification of all service people.
- Never leave a wallet, purse or cash on top of a desk or dresser. Keep them in a drawer or out of sight. Keep a record of credit card numbers.
- Record serial numbers, model and brand names of valuable items in your room. Keep a duplicate copy of the list in a separate location from the original. Remember that stolen property cannot be lawfully reclaimed by you unless you can positively identify it.
- Report all locks, windows, doors, and lights in need of repair to your Resident Assistant.
- Always lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the car.
- Park in well lit areas.
- When parking your car at night, check for loiterers before leaving your car.
- Never leave any valuables in sight. Put them in the trunk.
- When you approach your car in a parking lot, be alert and check the area around your car.
- Always look in the back seat before you enter the car to make sure no one is waiting there.
- Lock the doors as soon as you get into the car.
- While driving, if you think you are being followed, pull into a gas station, fire house or police department where you can get help as soon as possible.