Transfer Credits and Articulation Agreements at Albertus Magnus College
Transferring credits to Albertus Magnus College is easy, and we boast a generous transfer credit policy. Whether you are considering applying to Albertus Magnus College as a day or evening student, we encourage you to make an appointment, so we can provide you with a personalized consultation on how your credits will transfer. Our goal is your success!
Here are some basic guidelines regarding our transfer-credit policy:
- Generally, courses completed with a minimum of C (2.0 on a grade scale of 4.0) or better at fully accredited institutions are transferable for all collegiate level courses. (Albertus may accept courses with passing grades below a 2.0 as part of our community college dual admission programs*)
- A maximum of 64 credits is transferable from accredited junior and community colleges.
- A maximum of 90 credits is transferable from accredited four-year colleges.
- A maximum of 45 “prior-learning” credits may be earned through CLEP and ACT-PEP examinations, challenge examinations, or a portfolio.
- Your acceptance into our programs and transfer credit acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of all final official transcripts.
Articulation and Dual Admission Programs at Albertus Magnus College
Albertus Magnus College currently has articulation agreements with Gateway Community College and Manchester Community College with the goal of creating more at other Connecticut Community Colleges within the next few years. These agreements apply to students seeking to advance from any Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree program to any Albertus Magnus College Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree program.
Terms and Conditions
Upon graduation, students who are in good academic standing at Gateway Community College or Manchester Community College may enter Albertus Magnus College with third-year junior status provided they meet the following conditions:
- Graduate from the said college with an A.A. or A.S degree;
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 or higher
- Apply to Albertus within one year of conferral of their A.A. or A.S. degree
- Satisfy all Albertus Magnus College transfer admissions requirements
Transfer of Credits
Upon the student’s matriculation in Albertus Magnus College, Albertus will accept up to sixty-four (64) credits for courses that were completed in satisfaction of the said college’s A.A. or A.S. degree. Community college credits will be applied toward equivalent requirements of the pertinent Albertus Magnus College baccalaureate degree, with the following understanding:
- Albertus ordinarily will accept credits in transfer for courses with grades 2.0 or higher;
- For associate degree graduates with a minimum CGPA of 2.0, Albertus will accept transfer credits for courses with passing grades lower than 2.0; however, this provision does not apply to courses in English;
- Albertus will conduct a formal transfer evaluation upon the student’s application to the College
- Transfer students will be governed by the Albertus Magnus College catalog that is in place at the time of their matriculation in Albertus Magnus College.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Qualified transfer students from Gateway Community College or Manchester Community College will receive full consideration for financial aid and scholarships upon their application to Albertus Magnus College. Such graduates who apply to Albertus within one year of conferral of the A.A. or A.S. degree may qualify for Dual Admission Awards as follows:
|2.8||Traditional Full Time Undergraduate||$ 6,000|
|3.2||Traditional Full Time Undergraduate||$ 9,000|
|3.5||Traditional Full Time Undergraduate||$12,000|
|3.0||Accelerated Degree Programs||10% Tuition Reduction|
Transfer awards to students in the traditional undergraduate program are renewable provided that the student maintains a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and fulltime status. Tuition reductions for students in the accelerated degree programs are renewable provided that the student maintains a minimum CGPA of 3.0.