Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Project Management
Project management is one of the fastest growing disciplines in the business world and demand for skilled project managers is at an all-time high. The Albertus MBA in Project Management in the Tagliatela School of Business provides professionals with a solid grounding in the professional discipline, building on our core MBA curriculum with concentration courses taught by professionally certified project managers who bring both academic and real world knowledge and experience to the program.
Why the MBA in Project Management at Albertus Magnus College?
The Albertus MBA concentration in Project Management provides an excellent grounding in the technical skills required for careers in project management, combined with the core strategic, business administration, and leadership skills required for a highly regarded 48-credit MBA.
All project management courses are taught by PMP® certified project managers with extensive real world experience managing projects and programs, combined with the academic rigor you would expect from our esteemed faculty. Our curriculum is carefully designed to reflect a practical, hands on perspective on the state of the art of project management, exposing students to the leading edge body of knowledge used by the professional project managers working in the field.
Throughout our program, students are expected to create a professional portfolio to document their existing and future project management experience. Each student enrolled in the program is assigned a project management mentor from our faculty, who will guide and advise the student as they complete their degree, and who will act as an ongoing mentor beyond graduation.
The Albertus MBA in Project Management is offered in three flexible formats that enable you to complete courses...
- Online - Take one to two classes every eight weeks from the comfort of your own home.
- Blended - Take one or two classes in eight-week cycles through a combination of in-class sessions and online assignments. (In-class sessions are held in the evenings at our beautiful New Haven campus.)
- FLEX - Take one or two classes in eight-week cycles through a combination of in-class sessions and online assignments. (In-class sessions are held in the evenings at our beautiful New Haven campus.)
Completion of the Albertus MBA in Project Management exceeds the education requirements for suitably experienced professionals to earn the PMP® certification from the Project Management Institute®
Where will your degree take you?
The Albertus MBA in Project Management prepares students for careers in project management and affiliated professions, including program management, portfolio management, and business analysis. Project managers are employed in construction management, software development, financial services, military and defense industries, energy and telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, marketing, and management consulting, as well as in general management.
Professional development of beginning project managers involves gathering professional project experience and acquiring broad exposure to real world projects over a number of years, in order to earn the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification.
- A completed application and a non-refundable $50.00 application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.8 on a 4.0 system
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- For non-native English speakers, minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 80 internet based, or 213 computer-based
- Proof of immunization in accordance with Connecticut State requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors or professional associates
- A written essay of 500-600 words, double spaced, detailing the applicant's professional interests, reasons for applying to the program, and educational expectations.
Program of Study (48 Credits)
*MB 660: Strategic Management Capstone must be taken after all core course requirements have been fulfilled.
Note: Up to four core courses may be waived with permission of the director.