Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
The mission of the Department of Business Administration and Management is to build upon the liberal arts focus of the College and to provide the base of knowledge and experiences that will enable our graduates to be business leaders, capable of making sound and ethical business decisions in a continuously changing environment. The Department majors are designed around a common core of courses along with the requirements for each concentration. A student can obtain a double major within the Department. However, only one major is permitted in each of the following areas: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Health Care Management, Sport Management, or Computer Information Systems.
Students who successfully complete the program will:
- Exhibit basic competencies in interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, leadership, and teamwork appropriate for the business world.
- Acquire and apply basic knowledge in the student’s chosen field.
- Integrate the functional components of business into a workable whole.
- Illustrate the ability to apply critical thinking and reasoning skills and to utilize effective problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation for cultural, ethical, and responsible behaviors in a global world.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Field Maintenance Director
Program Of Study - Sport Management Major - 51 credits
All students pursuing a major in Sport Management are required to take the following set of core courses as a foundation for requirements in their area of concentration culminating with the capstone course.
Core Requirements for all Sport Management Majors (24 credits)*
BE 135W Business Communications
BE 161 Financial Accounting
BE 202 Statistics for Business and Economics
BE 204 Principles of Macroeconomics
BE 205 Principles of Microeconomics
MG 131 Principles of Management
MG 231 Principles of Marketing
MG 391W Business Capstone
Sport Management Major (51 credits, 27 credits + 24 core credits listed)
CO 202 Sport Marketing & Promotion
CO 203 Sport Writing and Information
SO 225 Sociology of Sport
SM 140 Introduction to Sport Management
SM 301 Ethics in Sport Management
SM 302 Legal Aspects of Sport Management
SM 303 Sport Venue and Event Management
SM 304 Sport Finance
SM 381 Sport Management Internship