1. What are the current tuition rates and fees?
    2015 - 2016 Tuition and Fees
  2. What is the College's refund policy?
    Refund Policy
  3. Can I view my Student Account online?
    Yes via Web Services
  4. What form of payment does Albertus Magnus College accept?
    The College offers different methods of payment for bills. An automatic payment plan that includes online enrollment and flexible payment options is available. Bills may also be paid through the Business Office of the College. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Albertus Magnus College.
  5. What form of payment does Albertus Magnus College accept?
    The College accepts cash, checks, money orders and most major credit credits. MasterCard, Discover, Visa and American Express are accepted in the Business Office by phone and on-line via Web Services.
  6. Can I pay my Student Account online?
    Yes. The College accepts MasterCard, Discover, Visa and American Express on-line via Web Services.
  7. Is a payment plan available?
    The College does not currently offer a payment plan for students enrolled in the School of Professional and Graduate Studies.
  8. When will I be billed?
    Amounts will be billed five weeks before the start of a MOD. After that, amounts will be billed as registrations are received.
  9. When is payment due?
    Satisfactory financial arrangements need to be in place four weeks before the start of classes; the balance after estimated Financial Aid must be paid in full. Failure to make such arrangements will result in deregistration from all courses.
  10. Will I be billed if I drop a class?
    To drop a course, you must come in person to the PGS office and fill out an "Add/Drop" form and pay the $10 fee at the time of dropping the course. Any refund will be calculated according to the College’s refund policy. Failure to attend class or merely giving notice to the instructor does not constitute an official withdrawal and may result in a penalty grade, a charge to your account, and return of financial aid, resulting in an owing balance.
  11. What is the difference between a "drop" and a "withdrawal"?
    By paying the $10 fee and filling out the "Add/Drop" forms, students may choose to drop a course after they have registered. Students wishing to drop a course may do so before the third class meeting and not have the course appear on their transcript. Students who drop a course are eligible to receive money back if it is officially dropped during the timeframe stated by the refund policy on the registration form. The withdrawal period begins after the Add/Drop period. Students who wish to withdraw must fill out a "Withdrawal Form" and pay the $10 fee. A "WP" will appear on the student’s transcript, but it will not be considered in calculating the cumulative average. No credit or reimbursement is given for a "WP". Students should consult the academic calendar for official add/drop and withdrawal timeframes in their academic programs. Financial Aid recipients should consult with the Financial Aid Office before making any enrollment changes as their Financial Aid may be affected.
  12. How can I request a refund?
    Students that have a credit balance on their accounts, due to overpayment or financial aid, can request to have that balance released to them in the form of a refund check. Students receiving financial assistance are subject to federal regulations and financial aid policy governing refunds, which determine what portion, if any, must be returned to the assistance programs. All refund checks are mailed to the home address on record with the College, within the timeline promulgated by the Department of Education.
  13. Can I register or get my transcript/diploma if I have a hold on my account?
    No. A student will not receive grade reports, be provided a transcript of one’s record, or receive a degree unless the Treasurer certifies that all financial obligations to the College have been satisfied.
  14. What is Form 1098T?
    The Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") requires Form 1098-T to be mailed by January 31 to all students who had qualified tuition and other related educational expenses billed to them during the previous calendar year. The information reported on Form 1098-T is intended to help students evaluate their eligibility for education tax credits as part of their Federal Income Tax Return. It is up to the student to determine eligibility for the credits and how to calculate them. More information can be found in IRS Publication No. 970, Tax Benefits for Education. The College utilizes Box 2 to report qualified tuition and related expenses that were billed during the tax year (as opposed to Box 1, which reports amounts paid).
  15. Can I take courses in the Albertus Magnus College Day Program?
    Yes. However, with the exception of session-long courses that are listed on both the Day and Professional and Graduate Studies schedules, Accelerated Degree students taking Day courses will be required to pay the Day tuition ratonal and Graduate Studies schedules, Accelerated Degree students taking Day courses will be required to pay the Day tuition rate.
  16. Can I take courses in the Albertus Magnus College graduate program?
    Yes. Seniors in the School of Professional and Graduate Studies (who have 90 credits or more) may take one graduate level course and have those credits applied to both their Bachelor’s degree and their Master’s degree at Albertus Magnus College. You must meet certain academic criteria and pay the graduate tuition rate.
  17. What is a degree completion fee?
    A degree completion fee of $150 is assessed to all students completing their degree requirements. This fee covers the expense of awarding degrees, recording transactions, and graduation activities. This fee must be paid regardless of participation in the graduation ceremonies or actual receipt of the diploma.
  18. Where do I pay the graduation fee?
    The $150 degree completion fee is due and payable once billed by the Business Office. Checks can be made payable to Albertus Magnus College.
  19. Can my employer pay some or all of my tuition on my behalf?
    Students who have direct billing as a payment option must submit their company letter to the School of Professional and Graduate Studies office when they register for classes. A current letter is necessary to verify continued employment and tuition remission as an ongoing benefit. Depending on their place of employment, Direct Billing students may have to pay for computer lab/art fees and/or for their application fees. Direct Billing students are also responsible for late registration fees, change of course fees, and any tuition costs resulting from dropping a course after the 100% refund period.
  20. Can I receive Financial Aid if I get assistance from my employer?
    All assistance must be reported to the Office of Financial Aid during the financial aid application process.
  21. What is a PELL Voucher? Do I qualify?
    The College will provide a bookstore voucher to all PELL eligible students who have a projected credit on their account. In order to be eligible, the student must have all financial aid in place ten days before the start of the MOD/semester. Vouchers will be issued by the Business Office the first two weeks of the MOD/semester. Students may request an amount equivalent to their projected credit for the MOD/semester, not to exceed $300. After the first two weeks of class, vouchers will no longer be available and students will have to wait for/request their excess funds. All PELL vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable.