Study Abroad in Rome With Albertus Magnus College
Rome is the Eternal City, a treasure of art, culture and history, and the place where the foundations of western civilization were built. In affiliation with Assumption College, Albertus Magnus College is pleased to offer the Rome Campus Experience. This study abroad opportunity is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors of Albertus, but is particularly designed with the sophomore year in mind.
The Rome Campus Experience
- This semester-long experience is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors, but is particularly designed with the sophomore year in mind.
- The satellite campus is staffed by full-time Assumption faculty, each well-versed in the region and related fields of study.
- The curriculum offers five strong liberal-arts courses each semester, so that students might fulfill general education requirements.
- Italy becomes a living classroom with visits to culturally and historically significant locations in Rome, and across the country.
- Travel opportunities to explore other sites of note will also be scheduled. Students may pursue other travel opportunities on their own.
- Program size is limited to 25 students per semester.
Located in the newly-renovated Villino Dufault on the grounds of the Assumption headquarters in the heart of Rome, Italy becomes the students' living classroom with excursions within Rome and across Italy.
To learn about the Rome experience, students should contact the Office of Career Services. The Office of Career Services also will provide assistance to students who wish to spend a semester or a full academic year studying abroad in any one of a number of approved American-college-sponsored programs.
Credits received in these programs are transferable to Albertus. All students are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities for foreign study and travel. Language majors find residence in the country of the major particularly rewarding.
Admissions is rolling, so early application is recommended.
Rosary Hall, Room 34 or 35