College Before College Guidelines
In this program, outstanding high school seniors from the area, nominated by their respective schools, come to Albertus Magnus College for a course of their choice available for freshmen. Whether they matriculate at Albertus or not, they are given Albertus credit for successful completion of the course. These students bring a contemporary point of view to the classroom, gain experience in a college situation, and are part of the Albertus program for easing the transition from high school classroom to college classroom.
- The student must be a high school senior.
- The student must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- The student must submit a copy of their high school transcript as well as a brief essay explaining why they are interested in attending Albertus Magnus College.
- The student must submit a letter of recommendation from their guidance counselor.
- Students in College Before College are limited to ONE course and may not enroll for additional study until they have graduated from high school.
Registration for a course is limited to those with available seats. Registration will be open one week prior to the start of the term to any student who has been accepted into the program. There is no limit on the number of students eligible to take a course from any high school provided there are available seats in the class and the student has submitted the required paperwork.
Additional details concerning the program may be obtained from the Office of the Registrar.