Master of Science in Management and Organizational Leadership (M.S.M.O.L.)
The Master of Science in Management and Organizational Leadership supports the advancement of working professionals in corporate, non-profit, and public organizational environments. Participants gain knowledge and skills for managing organizational change in the context of dynamic technological and global environments. The M.S.M.O.L. focuses on leadership as a relational process that is inclusive of diverse points of view, is purposeful and builds commitment towards a shared vision. Participants are encouraged to develop a type of leadership that is rooted in service to others with reciprocal trust and ethical behavior.
M.S.M.O.L. graduates are prepared to demonstrate:
Critical thinking skills in conducting research including:
Creative thinking skills in strategically applying learning from diverse disciplines to real world issues
The M.S.M.O.L. is offered through the Accelerated Degree Program and the New Dimensions Program.
- A completed application and a $50 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.8 on a 4.0 system*
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- For non-native English speakers, minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based, or 213 computer-based
- Proof of immunization in accordance with Connecticut State requirements
- For online degrees, a Connecticut Driver’s License or DMV Photo ID
- For applicants who intend to use Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits
- Military, university and college transcripts
- Certification of Eligibility letter or, for reservists, Notice of Basic Eligibility
- Veteran’s Intent to Register form
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors or professional associates
- An essay (500 to 600 words, double spaced) that presents the applicant’s career interests, reasons for applying to the program and expectations for the program. The essay must cite a specific example of the most effective organizational team in which the applicant has participated and how leadership factored into its success.
- Complete all required coursework
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Students receiving a final grade of C– or lower in any course will be required to repeat that course
- Complete all requirements within seven years of matriculation
- Pay all tuition and fees
Graduation with Honors
M.S.M.O.L. students may qualify to graduate with honors who:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.90 and above.
Program of Study (36 Credits)
Additional courses at the discretion of the Director may be added to this list. *LDR 550 may be taken a maximum of two times with different topics.