Bachelor of Science in Finance
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Finance Program is to prepare students for positions in the fields of corporate financial management or personal financial planning.
The program builds upon the liberal arts focus of the College and provides both theoretical and practical training in financial decision-making and financial products and services offered by financial institutions. This base of knowledge will enable our graduates to be successful in the finance field, capable of making sound and ethical business decisions in a continuously changing environment.
Through successful completion of the program students will:
- Exhibit basic competencies in interpersonal skills, oral and written communications, leadership, and teamwork appropriate for the business world.
- Demonstrate and apply basic knowledge of financial theory.
- Examine the structure and operation of financial markets, products, and services.
- Explain the financial objectives of an organization and apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to demonstrate achievement of those objectives.
- Examine the financial position of an organization or individual and utilize effective problem solving techniques to make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify ethical and legal issues that impact an organization’s or individual’s financial position.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Human Resources Manager