Minimum Computer Requirements for Using eLearning
- Pentium-class 1 GHz or faster processor
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 (Home Premium), Vista (Home Basic) or Windows XP (Home Edition)
- 2 GB of RAM (3 GB recommended for Vista or Windows 7 Operating Systems)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (Home and Student Edition) for PC
- High speed connection to the Internet
- CD-RW/DVD drive – Note: Some software may require a DVD drive for installation
- Hard drive: 80 GB or greater
- Graphics card and Monitor capable of 1024x768 display or greater
- Stereo sound card, speakers and/or headset with microphone (if required)
- A webcam may be required in courses for some programs. Check with your academic advisor
- MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro
- Macintosh OSX 10.4 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 Ghz)
- Memory: 2 GB or greater
- Hard Drive: 80 GB or greater
- Microsoft Office 2008 (Home & Student Edition) for Mac
Internet access is required to participate in online courses.
- Cable or DSL connection strongly recommended
- If AOL is your internet service provider, you must use the Internet Explorer or Firefox browser, rather than the default AOL browser, to complete coursework. Simply launch the appropriate browser after logging onto your AOL account
- Java Script - should be Enabled
- Cookies - should be Enabled
Administrative rights to your computer:
- It is highly recommended that you have administrative rights to the computer used for coursework. You will be unable to install software on computers over which you do not have administrative rights.
The following plug-ins are required for many of the resources available in your online courses.
- Inkjet or LaserJet printer
Computer and Internet Security:
Along with keeping your PC antivirus updated, it is equally important to keep Windows critical updates current. As Microsoft finds weaknesses in their Operating Systems and their other products, they post updates. These updates can be set to download and install automatically. Visit http://www.microsoft.com for more information. Select ‘Security and Updates’, then ‘Windows Update’.