Bachelor of Science in Finance
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Finance Program is to prepare students for positions in the fields of corporate financial management or personal financial planning.
The program builds upon the liberal arts focus of the College and provides both theoretical and practical training in financial decision-making and financial products and services offered by financial institutions. This base of knowledge will enable our graduates to be successful in the finance field, capable of making sound and ethical business decisions in a continuously changing environment.
Through successful completion of the program students will:
- Exhibit basic competencies in interpersonal skills, oral and written communications, leadership, and teamwork appropriate for the business world.
- Demonstrate and apply basic knowledge of financial theory.
- Examine the structure and operation of financial markets, products, and services.
- Explain the financial objectives of an organization and apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to demonstrate achievement of those objectives.
- Examine the financial position of an organization or individual and utilize effective problem solving techniques to make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify ethical and legal issues that impact an organization’s or individual’s financial position.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Human Resources Manager
Bachelor of Science in Finance is offered in:
The Evening Undergraduate Program is designed specifically to meet the needs of the adult learner. The program features a flexible scheduling system that permits students to attend on either a full- or part-time basis. Innovative approaches to adult learning combine the convenience of online instruction with the personalized classroom attention that is a hallmark of the Albertus experience and is offered in the following formats:
- Online - Take one to two classes every eight weeks from the comfort of your own home. All weekly assignments are offered asynchronously, meaning you have the ability to work on them at your own time and pace.
- Blended - Take one to two classes every eight weeks through a combination of in-class sessions and online assignments. (Classes are held at our beautiful New Haven campus.) Our blended classes are arranged so you go to school one night per week; all other assignments are done from the comfort of home. Students who choose this option often enjoy the best of "both worlds" as they benefit from in-class discussion with their classmates and professors while maintaining the convenience of working on projects and assignments from home.
- FLEX - Choose to take classes in either a Blended or Online format. Some students are not sure of their schedules. They may want to take Blended classes during one eight-week session but then sign up for online classes during another eight-week session. With our FLEX format, you can choose how you wish to take your classes every time you register for a new course!