Master of Science in Accounting
The Master of Science in Accounting program is offered as an Accelerated Degree Program in the Division of Professional and Graduate Studies. The M.S.A. is a graduate professional degree designed to provide students with a strong knowledge of accounting principles and prepares them for a variety of careers in the accounting field. The M.S.A. is a 30-credit program and provides students with the 150 credit hours required by most states for CPA certification. These courses will be offered in the evening 8-week Accelerated Degree Program format and be offered as a Dual Track Program. Students have the flexibility of choosing between blended or online options on a course-by course basis.
With a faculty-to-student ratio of 1:14, Albertus professors have the time to work directly with you, one-on-one. You'll get to know your professors personally.
Master of Science in Accounting is offered in three flexible formats:
- Online - Take one to two classes every eight weeks from the comfort of your own home. All weekly assignments are offered asynchronously, meaning you have the ability to work on them at your own time and pace.
- Blended - Take one to two classes every eight weeks through a combination of in-class sessions and online assignments. (Classes are held at our beautiful New Haven campus.) Our blended classes are arranged so you go to school one night per week; all other assignments are done from the comfort of home. Students who choose this option often enjoy the best of "both worlds" as they benefit from in-class discussion with their classmates and professors while maintaining the convenience of working on projects and assignments from home.
- FLEX - Choose to take classes in either a Blended or Online format. Some students are not sure of their schedules. They may want to take Blended classes during one eight-week session but then sign up for online classes during another eight-week session. With our FLEX format, you can choose how you wish to take your classes every time you register for a new course!
The choice is yours with every course you take.
Earning your Master's in accounting at Albertus will give you 30 credits — enough meet the education requirement for CPA certification.1
In order to be admitted to our graduate program in accounting, you must have the following:
- bachelor's degree from an accredited school
- cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- 24 undergraduate credits in accounting
- 22 undergraduate credits in business (separate from your accounting credits)
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors or professional associates
- TOEFL score of 575 or 3 years at a college or university in an English-speaking country
- essay of 500-600 words
- completed application
- $50 application fee
If your G.P.A. does not meet our requirement, you may be admitted on a conditional basis. Conditional admittance may include additional requirements. Request information online or call 203-773-8505 for details.