Your Accounting Education at Albertus Magnus College will put you on the path to success. Your Albertus education will prepare you to advance professionally as it challenges you to pursue truth in all its dimensions, to explore ethical issues, and to apply knowledge, skills and values to the accounting field.
Accountants are in Demand
- The CT Department of Labor expects a 16% growth in accounting positions with an average salary of $61,900.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 15.7% growth for accountants between 2010 and 2020.
- Accounting is named the #3 Best Business Job according to U.S. News & World Report.
- According to a 2013 American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) study:
- Hiring by public accounting firms is at an all-time high, especially at the Master's degree level.
- Master's in Accounting recipients represent almost 90% of new CPA firm hires.
- 89% of public accounting firms forecast that they will hire the same or more graduates next year.
- Enrollments and degrees awarded are at all-time highs, displaying a strong interest in the accounting profession as a career choice.
- The AICPA has created a National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion to increase the hiring and retention of minorities in the accounting profession.