The library staff in Rosary Hall offers one-on-one, general student orientation and classroom instruction in information literacy. The Library also hosts information literacy tutorials on its website.
What is information Literacy
Information Literacy requires certain skills which are critical not only to your success in College but also in your professional and personal life. These skills entail the ability to:
- Locate & access information effectively
- Critically evaluate the information
- Use that information & draw your own conclusion (critical thinking!)
- Organize that information
Our Instruction & Information Services can provide information literacy education to all patrons. Students are welcome to stop by the library or call (203) 773-8511 for help.
- Faculty can schedule a Library Information Literacy class with a librarian by submitting a request form or contacting the library directly.